BG Air Rifle Club

Unique Opportunity for Students

Abby novak, Senior Contributor

Bishop Guilfoyle’s new Air Rifle Club provides a unique opportunity for any interested BG students to experience rifle use and firearm safety. For students, who have little to no experience with rifles and gun safety, this would be a great learning experience! Certified instructors will take their time to teach you about how the gun works, range safety, and help you feel comfortable with the guns. The cost to participate is only $2 each time you choose to come (this is to help with the cost of the pellets and targets). The club will gather one night a week, although it is NOT mandatory to shoot every week. Come as your time allows it, or just for fun! Once again, even if you do not have experience, you are still more than welcome to join. This is will be a great learning experience, and the instructors will take their time go over safety precautions and making sure you fell safe and comfortable. The club would meet at the Riggles Gap Sportsman’s (Blair county game). We will be using an indoor range and the air rifles, targets, pellets, safety glasses, and mats will be provided. However, if students would like to bring their own safety glasses, they may.

Senior Abby Novak has been working to get this club started and has been researching different ranges and clubs to find the best fit for BG students. “The Riggles Gap Sportsman’s is one of my favorites,” said Abby. She went to the range, talked with instructors, viewed facility, and shot rifles. She took along a friend, and they both had a great experience. “Both us truly enjoyed and thought the instructors were great.” 

If any students are interested in joining or want more information, feel free to contact Abby Novak or Mr. Miller at the emails provided below.

tmiller@bguilfoyle.org

novak.abby@bguilfoyle.org