BG Clobbers Camp Hill; Secures Spot in Semifinals

Explosive offense & sound defense lead Marauders to victory.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo courtesy: Two Twenty Studios

Photo courtesy: Two Twenty Studios

Photo courtesy: Two Twenty Studios

Jordan Rhone, Editor

The Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic Marauders entered the frigid field of Trojan Stadium in Chambersburg, PA on Friday night in hopes of prolonging their undefeated season as well as advance to the Eastern Final of the PIAA State Playoffs. The 10-2 Camp Hill Lions would be facing the 13-0 Marauders in a quarterfinal clash. While there are very few negative aspects to being a Guilfoyle football fan, one thing the committed fans have had to endure over the past few weeks is early anxiety.

Although BG would strike first on a Brandon Chadbourn 39-yard pass to Sam Keating for a touchdown, Camp Hill would quickly retaliate under the direction of junior quarterback Michael Shuster. Shuster, who happens to be the nephew of current U.S. Congressman Bill Shuster, would throw for 139 yards on the night. A 3-yard pass from Shuster to Zach Kuntz would tie the game at 7-7 with 6:24 left in the 1st quarter.

Two minutes later, Shuster would hit sophomore standout Bill Williams in the air on a 16-yard pass to give the Lions a one-score lead. If anyone associated with BG thought the Camp Hill rout was over, they were wrong. Sophomore Jack Williamson intercepted a pass from Brandon Chadbourn and took it 37 yards all the way to the end-zone to finish the 1st quarter.

The second quarter belonged to the Marauders, more specifically Sam McCloskey and Brandon Chadbourn. Coming off of a record-breaking game against Portage, McCloskey rushed 18 yards for his first touchdown of the night to ease the deficit which BG faced with 11:10 left in the 2nd quarter. Brandon Chadbourn would make up for his early turnovers by adding a 1-yard touchdown run three minutes later. Tied up at 21-21, the dynamic duo would collaborate on the next scoring drive. McCloskey sprinted down field and raced the opposing defense in hopes of enhancing the Guilfoyle lead. Brandon Chadbourn lofted the football 59 yards in the air hitting the hands of Sam McCloskey right on target.

With the 28-21 lead, the Marauders would never look back. With a little under two minutes to go in the first half, McCloskey would dash 37-yards downfield to score his third touchdown of the game. Heading into halftime, Bishop Guilfoyle was ahead of Camp Hill 35-21. Senior D.J. Kitt, who would shine in the second half, said his team’s experience gave them the ability to persevere. “We just made a few early mistakes. We have great leadership and knew that we would bounce back,” Kitt said.

The second half belonged to BG from the opening kickoff. D.J. Kitt was the go-to man for the Marauders. The Guilfoyle lineman opened up a hole for Kitt to scurry by the Camp Hill defense. Later in the third quarter, Sam McCloskey was back in action on a 26-yard bolt to the end-zone. This touchdown would be McCloskey’s fourth and final of the game. McCloskey, a Lehigh University-commit, broke his individual game rushing record with 288 yards on 25 carries for the night.

D.J. Kitt would open the fourth quarter with another score. This time, it was a 6-yard run in which Kitt bulldozed through the opponents. Now leading 56-21, the Marauders weren’t leaving Trojan Stadium without putting icing on the cake.

It was only fitting that Brandon Chadbourn would provide the final blow to the Lions’ season. As Camp Hill was moving down field at a steady pace, Chadbourn leaped up and captured not only Michael Shuster’s pass, but also symbolized the capturing of BG’s spot in the PIAA Class A Eastern Final. The Villanova-bound quarterback would burst 91 yards down the right side of the field for his second touchdown of the game and finalize the score for both teams. View Chadbourn’s touchdown below:

The Marauders improved to 14-0 with the 62-21 victory over the Camp Hill Lions. D.J. Kitt feels the excitement generating among his teammates. “It’s a great feeling knowing we are just one game away from Hershey and eight quarters away from being state champions.”

Bishop Guilfoyle’s next stop will be on Friday, 12/5 @ 7pm, at Dubois High School for the PIAA Class A Semifinals. They will face the 13-1 South Williamsport Mountaineers, highlighted by Dominick Bragalone, a running back who has rushed for over 4,200 yards this season. The winner of this matchup will advance to the PIAA Class A Championship which is to be played at Hershey Stadium in Hershey, PA on December 12 @ 1:00pm.

Follow Jordan Rhone’s live updates during all BG Football games on Twitter @MarauderRadio.

• BG Clobbers Camp Hill; Secures Spot in Semifinals

Showcase

Talent of the Week: Paul Liebal

Showcase

Getting To Know: Mrs. Kowalski

• Showcase

Senior Stress

Showcase

Talent of the Week: Nick Leamer

Showcase

Trojans and Eagles Fall to the Marauders

Athlete of the Week

Athlete of The Week: Paul Liebal

Showcase

A Little More Light on the World of Golf

Showcase

Jokes Corner

Club Corner

MM Team Work 2016-2017

News

The History of Synthesizers in Electronic Music